Although a lot of changes have occurred since COVID-19 arrived in the United States and most likely will continue to affect us in different ways, we are sincerely happy to be working with our customers in person again. Our primary focus will be on the following three areas and how we will address them: your home, your health, and your safety.
Following guidelines provided by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and OSHA (Occupational Safety Health Administration), we want to assure you that we will do everything we can to keep you and your loved ones, as well as our employees, safe.
While we work to make your home more comfortable, energy-efficient, and ecofriendly, we will ensure that we perform inspections and installations following the safety guidelines set forth by the organizations referenced above. We will also take your safety as far as having you sign documents using your pens or digitally signing documents on your tech devices. No safety issues will be overlooked. All of our safety gear and trash will be taken from your home and disposed of in an approved manner. There will be limited contact (no more hello handshakes).
Here is what you can anticipate at an inspection or installation:
- Every day, each employee will have his temperature taken to check for fever and questioned about his overall health (any coughing, breathing difficulty, etc.); a potentially ill employee will not be authorized to enter your home
- Employees will be asked if they have a sick or potentially sick loved one in the home with them; if so, they will not be authorized to enter your home
- We will confer with our customers in advance to ascertain if there may be a sick individual or loved one who has been exposed to COVID-19 in the home; we need to protect our employees if so
- Our sales representative will be wearing fresh booties over his shoes, a mask, and gloves, as will our installation expert
- Depending upon the job, the installation expert will be wearing a full hazmat suit and respirator as well
- We will minimize the number of employees who need access to your home at all times
- We will practice social distancing of 6 feet (2 meters) from others at all times when possible; discussions after inspection may take place outside the home to facilitate this
- We will clean AND disinfect frequently touched objects that we may come into contact with, such as handrails and doorknobs; dirty surfaces can be cleaned with soap and water prior to disinfection
- Any items brought in with our sales representative will be wiped down with disinfectants (significant differentiation: Sanitizers kill certain bacteria, in a specific period of time, and are regulated by the EPA; disinfectants kill certain bacteria, viruses, mildews, or fungi, in a specific period of time, and are also regulated by the EPA)
- According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, best practice to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in households and community settings is to first clean visibly dirty surfaces and then disinfect them; cleaning can refer to simply wiping it down with a cloth or sanitizing it
If you have any concerns, we will be happy to discuss them with you before an inspection or installation. Please be reminded that we will never send a team member to your home if they feel sick in any way, and we are committed to enhancing our already clean in-home policy. We will continue to monitor the situation closely with the CDC, OSHA, and Governor Murphy to do all we can to protect you and our employees.
The Attics and More Team