Why Do We Do It?
We wanted to make it easy and straightforward to homeowners to find the best roofing companies in their city. No more hours of searching and relying solely on Google reviews to try and guess if a roofing company is legit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few things homeowners often ask about roofing that we want to take the time to address.
What types of roofing materials are there?
These are a few of the most common roofing materials:
- Asphalt shingles – The most common roofing material due to their low cost and durability.
- Metal roofing – Typically found on industrial buildings due to durability and price.
- Clay and concrete tiles – Heavy, durable tiles that can withstand damage from wind, hurricanes, and tornadoes up to 125 MPH.
- Stone-coated steel – An economical choice for people in wet climates as they’re resistant to damage from heavy rains.
- Slate – Lasts over 100 years, won’t burn, and is waterproof which makes it great for preventing mold and fungus. It is heavy and expensive and likely to break if stepped on.
- Rubber slate – A more flexible version of slate that not as many roofers know how to use.
- Built-up roofing– Uses layers of asphalt, tar, and gravel to create a durable flat roof that holds up under heavy foot traffic, ideal for rooftop decks.
- Green roof – a technique of covering your roof with plants and greenery which can reduce runoff, improve air quality, and provide natural insulation.
What is the cheapest way to replace a roof?
Asphalt shingles are generally the cheapest materials available to replace a roof, but keep in mind that this material isn’t necessarily suitable for all homes or climates.
Which roof lasts the longest?
Generally, shingles made from concrete, slate, or tile are the longest-lasting roofing materials.
How much does it cost to replace a roof?
The cost of installing a new roof or replacing an old one varies widely depending on your location, the roofing materials you need, and how large your home is. In general, a new roof can cost anywhere between $8,500 and $16,500.
How do I estimate roofing costs?
It’s a good idea to get estimates from multiple different roofing companies before making your final decision.
How do I know if I need a roof replacement?
Here are some common signs that it’s time to replace your roof:
- Bald spots on your roof
- Shingles curling or cracked
- It’s been 20 years since you got your roof replaced