Your roof is a very critical factor in your home. It determines the design, functionality, aesthetic value, and even energy efficiency of your house. Neglecting to maintain your roof can lead to a slew of problems that may eventually require a complete roof replacement. There are so many factors that might affect the cost and needs of your roof. When you need to replace your roof or complete regular maintenance, hiring the best roofing companies to provide quality and safe installation is important. We have researched and vetted the five top Austin, TX, roofing companies based on our rigorous 60-point checklist.
Top Austin, TX Roofing Companies
Based on our experience, research, and public reviews, here are the top Austin roofing contractors:
- Transcendent Roofing - visit website
- Texas Traditions Roofing - visit website
- Water Damage Roofing of Austin - visit website
- Save A Roof - visit website
- Kangaroof - visit website
Transcendent Roofing is known for its priority for quality and customer service. Its experienced roofing contractors have the confidence to handle all sorts of roofs, including residential and commercial structures. While they can handle any type of roofing for your home, they specialize in 3-tab and architectural shingles, standing seam metal, TPO, modified bitumen, and tile, among other materials.
Transcendent Roofing is accredited by GAF, Owens Corning, and CertainTeed to offer the best shingles in the Austin market. Furthermore, they offer customers long-term extended warranties on architectural shingles and deal directly with their customer’s insurance companies to ensure that everything is approved.
- Availability: Mon-Sat, 8 am – 5 pm
- Booking Options: Phone, Contact form
- Service Area: Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Leander, Liberty Hill, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Dripping Springs, Driftwood, Wimberley, Buda, Kyle, and San Marcos
Pros and Cons of Transcendent Roofing
- 4.7 star google rating (63 reviews)
- A+ Better Business Bureau (BBB) Rating
- GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
- They can offer the longest and best-extended warranty in the business, “The Golden Pledge.”
- They have a detailed website with an extensive gallery of their projects
- They offer quick services, and their estimates are usually given on the same day of the initial call.
- Doesn’t appear to have emergency availability
To get a free quote, contact Transcendent Roofing now!
Texas Traditions Roofing is a proud family-owned firm that adheres to traditional fundamental values. When Gary Emory and Mike Pickel founded the company, they intended to focus on providing great roofing experiences for their customers while also giving back to the community.
Traditions Roofing claims to give their customers honest recommendations regarding their roofing needs without pressuring them into signing a contract or presenting them with a limited-time offer.
They have over 40 years of experience in the construction business, so no matter how big or small your roofing needs are, you can trust them to handle them efficiently, accurately, and on budget.
- Availability: Mon-Fri, 7 am – 5 pm
- Booking Options: Phone, Contact form.
- Service area: Georgetown, Liberty Hill, Leander, Cedar Park, Round Rock, Bee Cave, Austin, Lakeway, Pflugerville, Hutto, Temple, Elgin, Lake Travis, Bartlett
Pros and Cons of Texas Traditions Roofing
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)-accredited.
- 4.9 star Google rating (202 reviews)
- They offer free inspections to address potential clients’ needs.
- They are a member of the prestigious GAF Master Elite® Contractors.
- They carry qualifications from Select ShingleMaster CertainTeed.
- They serve all towns in Central Texas.
- Home page doesn’t provide much information about the business
- Unavailable on weekends
To get a free quote, contact Texas Traditions Roofing now!
Water Damage Roofing of Austin (WDR) has been addressing its community’s roofing needs for over 25 years. They specialize in a wide range of roofing services, including water damage restoration, water removal, mold remediation, and commercial and residential roofing.
The company credits its knowledgeable team of expert roofers, advanced equipment, and top-quality services for its success.
WDR understands that roofing is a significant investment, and they work hard to be worthy of their customers’ trust. They use high-quality materials, hire trained and experienced roofers, and offer exceptional customer service. During your roof repairs, roof replacement, or water damage restoration, their team promises to stay in contact with you and guide you through the process until it’s completed and you are satisfied.
Their team has experience working with your roofing material, whether it is metal, tile, or asphalt shingles. They know what to look for and how to make speedy repairs. If you have been in a storm or have a roofing emergency, they have professional and qualified roofers on standby to assist you at any time.
- Availability: Open 24/7
- Booking Options: Contact form, phone, email
- Service Area: Abercrombie, Allandale, Austin, Avery Ranch, Barton Creek, Barton Hills, Bryker Woods, Cherry Creek, Cherrywood, Circle C Ranch, Crestview, Davenport Ranch, Foothills of Barton Creek, Hyde Park, Lost Creek, Manchaca, Onion Creek, Rob Roy, Rollingwood, Steiner Ranch, Tarrytown, Travis County, Travis Heights, Austin, West Lake Hills
Pros and Cons of Water Damage Roofing of Austin
- 5-star rating on yelp (252 reviews)
- GAF Master Elite® Contractors
- Available 24/7
- Accepts credit cards
- Named one of the “Top 50-Fastest Growing Companies in Central Texas” in 2020 and 2021 by the Austin Business Journal
- In business for over 25 years
- The company’s small team may be slower than a larger company.
To get a free quote, contact Water Damage Roofing of Austin now!
Save A Roof has one goal: to help customers save time and money on their roofing needs. In addition, they claim to have the ability to make a roof last 2x its average life expectancy.
“I know the ins and outs of roofing. It’s what I do and what I’m passionate about. In most cases, I can save your roof when other roofing companies would rather just rebuild a new one, which costs you money.” Says Matt Bohn, Owner
Give them a call, Whether you require a crew for catastrophic damage, minor leaks, or home improvements, and they’ll give you a professional evaluation.
- Availability: Open 24/7
- Booking Options: Contact form, email, phone
- Service area: Austin, San Marcos, and San Antonio
Pros and Cons of Save A Roof
- They aim to double the average roof life expectancy.
- They offer a wide range of roofing services, including silicone roof coating contractors, Hypalon roofing, and modified bitumen roofing.
- Managed by an owner with 35 years of roofing experience
- Available 24/7
- Only 17 reviews on Google (5 stars)
To get a free quote, contact Save A Roof now!
If you’re looking for affordable and dependable roofing services, KangaRoof is the ideal partner for you. Aside from the company’s competitive pricing, it also boasts factory-trained professionals and an extensive range of services. Its specialists offer roof repairs and replacement, modified bitumen, metal roofing, gutters, and general contractor services.
Instead of estimates, this standout business provides guarantees. With their team on your side, you won’t ever have to worry about unexpected costs after project completion.
- Availability: Mon-Fri, 8 am-5 pm
- Booking Options: Contact form, phone, and email.
- Service area: Round Rock, Austin, Cedar Park, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Hutto, and Leander
Pros and Cons of Kangaroof
- 4.7 star Google rating (433)
- Installs GAF-warranted roofs
- They offer up to $2,500 cash back when you partner with them
- Carries a $1 million liability insurance policy for homeowner protection.
- Unavailable on weekends
For more information, contact Kangaroof now!
How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Roof in Austin?
The roof replacement cost in Austin, Texas, ranges from $6,000 to $20,000, with most homeowners spending approximately $12,000 for a 2,000-square-foot roof replacement with hail-resistant architectural shingles. The least expensive amount for this job is $4,000 for a 2,000-square-foot roof replacement with standard 3-tab asphalt shingles. A 2,000-square-foot roof replacement with clay tiles can cost as much as $45,000. The cost to replace a roof in Austin, TX can vary depending on the size of the roof, the materials used, and the contractor you hire. For this reason, we recommend requesting several free estimates from reliable contractors in your area so you can compare the costs, timelines, materials, and warranties available to you.
6 Things to Consider When Choosing a Roofing Company in Austin, Texas
Before hiring a roofing company, we recommend that you do your due diligence into the contractor’s background and services. Here are some tips:
- Payment method: Any contractor that insists on Cash payment is a potential red flag. Cash payments are not ideal because of their risk. This means that there would be no paper trail or guarantees. Cash can be used on some occasions, but it’s not preferred. Without any documentation, there will be no proof in cases of arising issues. Cash is untraceable.
- Cleanup Strategy: Debris and materials, such as small nails and asphalt, can harm your family and pets if they remain after the work has been completed. Ask your contractor about their cleanup strategy. A good strategy involves removing residual materials, and a thorough sweep. The contractor should have a cleanup plan that outlines how they will clean up after each job.
- Timeline: Roofing repairs and replacements can be a multi-step process, but you can start the process quickly with a well-planned timeline. A professional roofing company can give you an accurate timeline, whether your project will take three days or three weeks. Sometimes things don’t go according to plan due to unforeseen circumstances, but an estimated time is essential, so you know what to expect.
- Business Qualifications: Before hiring anyone for the job, ensure they meet all of your criteria. You should look for companies with a reputable track record, insurance coverage, and liability insurance coverage in case of an accident. Some other things to consider are their experience with similar projects and education on safe work practices.
- Free estimates: You’ll want to find a builder who offers free estimates, or at least one that doesn’t charge a lot of money upfront. Paying more than 50% upfront to any roofing company is not advisable. You have to be sure the work is done to your taste, so if you have any complaints or adjustments, they can be worked on. Get at least three estimates before making your final decision. This will allow you to compare costs and quality between contractors and ensure you get what you want from your new roof covering.
- References and referrals: When you’re looking for a roofing contractor, ask them to show you references. If they can’t provide any, it’s a red flag that could be a signal that they’re inexperienced or underqualified for the size of your project. It’s also a good idea to ask your friends and family members about companies they’ve hired and what kind of services they received from them. You should also consider reading online reviews; this way, you can see what their customers say.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I avoid roofing scams?
Roofing scams aren’t incredibly common, but they can happen. A common roofing scam is providing inflated roofing costs or starting the job and failing to finish it. To avoid roofing scams, you can take a few precautions:
- Do proper research for yourself, so you can clearly understand how the entire process works. If you’re filing an insurance claim, you’ll want the roofing company you’re working with to be very transparent about the costs and status of your claim. It can be a good idea to contact a public adjuster as well.
- Try not to make hasty decisions. In some cases of emergency, like during a storm or in the winter, you can be tempted to take the first available option, which may not provide you with the best services available.
- Be wary of good samaritans that appear from nowhere to offer you a free roof inspection, especially when they claim that they see something wrong with your roof when you haven’t noticed anything.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about a company’s services, reputation, guarantees, and timelines. If the company is evasive about any of your questions, trust your gut and request an estimate from someone else.
- Consider asking for references or a portfolio of completed work.
- Ask for an itemized estimate.
What are the most common roof problems?
There are a number of things that can happen to your roof over time. Here are a few to look out for:
- Leaking roofs: One of the major purposes of a roof is to keep the house dry. If you notice a possible leak in your home, it’s important to identify the leak and fix it immediately to avoid extensive damage.
- Gutter damage: If your gutters or downspouts detach from the house, it can be disastrous for your roof and home. Water might enter the house through damaged gutters or flood the area surrounding your home.
- Damaged flashing: The metal flashing on the roof is intended to withstand the elements, but it is not designed to last forever. Your flashing may need to be repaired or rebuilt if your roof is many decades old or has been damaged by inclement weather.
- Nearby trees and fallen branches: If a tree falls on your roof, it can damage your shingles or the structure of your home. It’s important to remove debris from your roof quickly and have your roof inspected annually to avoid surprises.
- Winter damage: Snow and ice can cause havoc on almost any roof over time. Ice and snow melt and turn into water, eventually seeping beneath your shingles. If it refreezes, the ice beneath your roof can push up against and possibly lift the flashing or shingles, allowing more ice or water to enter over time.
What causes roof damage?
Roof damage can be caused by the following:
- Poor installation practices
- Small animals, birds, rats, and even insects can cause havoc on the structural integrity of your roof.
- Poor roof maintenance
- Rain, snow, sleet, ice, and debris may get under the layers of your roof and cause a range of water-related problems in your home, including mold, decay, and severe leaks
- Overhanging tree limbs can cause a roof’s surface to deteriorate over time, but they can also fall on the roof and cause structural damage
- The roof membrane beneath the shingles can shrink with time, generating fractures and blisters in the roofing materials above
Our System for Rating and Reviewing the Best Roofing Companies
We evaluate each company we feature using our proprietary review matrix, which includes 60 elements we identified as the most important to consumers when they’re choosing a roofing contractor. These factors include the following items:
- Available business hours
- Business history
- Consumer reputation and feedback
- Discounts and promotions offered
- Industry acknowledgments
- Services provided
- Social media presence
- Warranties and insurance
- Website quality
Each category is broken down into specific elements, which further hone in on the strengths and weaknesses of each provider. We use this review matrix to identify each company’s best features and where they should rank on our pages. Because shopping for home service providers can be tedious and time-consuming, we aim to streamline your decision-making process by helping you find local, licensed, and trustworthy roofing contractors near you.
We constantly add new providers to our reviews and update our articles to reflect the best providers. Ultimately, we aim to provide you with the most up-to-date and trustworthy reviews you can count on. We will continue to iterate on our review system as we identify more customer pain points and other factors that may influence your choice of roofing contractors.
Explore More Texas Roofing Companies
We are constantly evaluating new areas and the best roofing companies to help us market our products and services. We also pride ourselves on being able to share our findings with the public to make the process of finding and hiring a roofer a little easier.
Many of the companies that we list have successfully grown to service multiple locations across the State. Browse more of the best Texas roofing companies to see how the results vary from city to city:
Are You a Roofer in Austin?
Are you a roofer in Austin? Looking for ways to get more exposure and generate qualified leads for your roofing business? Want to diversify your digital marketing strategy without the hassle?
At Attics and More, we offer a unique LIMITED opportunity for select Austin roofing companies to increase brand exposure, boost credibility, and generate more leads and sales.